Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Relationship Status: Married

No, I didn't get married, no, I'm not engaged, and NO I'm not planning to anytime soon.

So all of these people are finding me on Facebook from High School and college. I'm talking people I haven't seen in 8 years in some cases.

I'm thinking to myself, I finally moved to a big city, and am having the time of my life having roommates, going out and getting crazy, working my ass off and yadda yadda yadda.

Why the influx of people that are married? Why are they all on facebook and suddenly want to be my friend?

It's kinda like this volcano of people that are successful in relationships. I've been moving away from that volcano, and BOOM it erupts and they all get in touch with me.

I think it's an optical illusion..I think that I haven't hung out with these people..for some reason I gravitated towards cyclical single people. I'm one of these. You know the type...when they're single they're SINGLE. When they're in a relationship they're MIA for a bit and then return. If they settle down with someone for more than a few months than the person they're with is either one of the coolest people on the planet or some dipshit that you keep warning them about. There are no in betweens.
So these people that I have had NO contact with in YEARS suddenly are married. And not just married..oh no..that'd be too easy! They have spawn. SPAWN. I'm talking some people that are younger than me...have kids.

And why is it that my most hardcore of goth friends had kids first. Not the "Whoops accidentally got pregnant when practicing S&M" type. No, I'm talking "Got married to a military guy, stopped wearing black altogether and now have a cute baby" kind.

Don't get me wrong, I love kids. I love my niece so much I just keep talking about her and have pictures on my desk. That doesn't mean I'm aiming to be a mom by the time I hit 27. If it happens it happens but if it don't i'm not devastated.

Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone else think that it was all the hardcore "alternative" kids that settled faster? The hip hop kids too come to think of it.

The only ones that I'm noticing that are still out there singlefying are the Theatre Kids (whoop whoop) and the Computer Dorks (whoop whoop!).

Goth kids, all gone. Babies. =( I'll bleed for you. (//.-)


And why are my sober posts weirder than my drunk posts...

1 comment:

Bee-Jet MusuBee said...

Auntie Candice, bite me. Babies rock!