Sunday, July 6, 2008

blind dates?

(sorry couldn't resist popping up the at first sight picture)


Okay, pardon me for the pun, but I'm talking about dating a visually impaired person.

I was heading home from Caltrain tonight on the Dirty8 Geary, and this cute guy comes on with a guide dog and shades (at night).

I was kinda checking him out, and then it occurred to me that he might be faking it just to get his dog on the bus, so i stopped looking at him.

But my mind was reeling already, at the thought of dating someone who was visually impaired..

Here are my thoughts.

1. Would I be insecure in dating someone that couldn't see me? Meaning would I wonder if other people were wondering if I wasn't good looking enough for someone who could *see* me? Kinda pathetic but this is my thought process.

2. I'm an artist, and it would make me sad to be with someone who couldn't fully appreciate something I created. I've dated a couple of color-blind people (3 come to think of it...that seems unusually high..wonder if i attract color blindness) and my art has always been changed by them, meaning I made it more contrasting so that they could see it.

3. After observing him drumming on his knees..and observing that he actually had rhythm, I pondered what it would be like to jam with a blind drummer. I actually think that would RULE. Drummers are hot no matter what. Dated a few of those too (4..i think..if bongo drummers count too...that also seems unusually high. I have dated 1 color-blind drummer..).

4. If I were to hit on a blind guy on a bus, what the hell would he and the other passengers think about this girl that has to hit on a blind guy..on a bus. I then pondered if:

5. Random weird ugly people hit on blind people all the time.


You know, if I just hadn't forgotten my ipod at my sister's house, I wouldn't have had all this goddamn time to think on the bus.

No comments: