Sunday, July 20, 2008

I have "lost" my voice again


Well not *lost* 'cause that would be devastating, seeing as it's my money maker.

No, I've actually experienced extreme vocal fatigue.

After googling extensively, apparently it happens to a lot of people who's job it is to talk..i.e. me.

Although this action-packed weekend hasn't helped much.

So i guess it's time to bring out the violin, 'cause it's because I'm having so much fun that my voice is "gone". I'm gonna go back to Thursday to explain..

Thursday day- talk for a living.
Thursday night- Boys Like Girls concert, jumping around and screaming for 2 hours.

Friday day- already feeling the onset of it, but still had to talk for a living.
Friday night- Berna's bday party, loud bar, yelling to have people hear me
Friday late night- Premiere of The Dark Night @ Kabuki, pre-bar talks, "whoo hooing" every now and then during actual movie.

Saturday morning- Went to Santa Cruz (definitely more about this momentous occasion later), rode roller coaster, screamed the entire time, tried to hold it inside, but couldn't...so my voice was essentially gone at this point.
Saturday day- Walking around santa cruz, talking, laughing...no tea places on the boardwalk.
Saturday night- finally get some tea...thanks roomie.
Saturday late night- Goth Swing Dance birthday party, had to explain several times that I lost my voice, I'm sure that killed it.

Sunday extreme early morning- drinking tea again...

I'm just going to learn sign language tonight so I can communicate with people tomorrow at a concert i'm going to >.<

Oh man. Let me tell you how much of a relief it is to be communicating through my keyboard right now...

1 comment:

Bee-Jet MusuBee said...

I can teach you sign language, Auntie Candice. I know how to sign "more", "all done", "bye", "twinkle twinkle", "bird", and "fuck you Auntie Candice for going to Santa Cruz and not visitng me this weekend"