Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Love is just a chemical equation


No but apparently that's what a couple of businesses are banking on. When you're looking for your soulmate, why rely on silly things like things you have in common, similar values, or chemistry...when you can use ACTUAL chemistry and break it down into science.

Welcome to a Brave New World..er..um.. Gattaca..wait. um.. "The Future of Love". (Yeah that sounds safe.)

Discover your "soul mate" on Genepartner.com

Actual quotes from the website:

...this formula we will determine the probability for a satisfying and long-lasting romantic relationship between two people.

This probability is highest when two people are genetically compatible.


As Techcrunch reported, they're not the FIRST ones to do it, just the cheapest.

At an introductory rate of $199 for a lifetime membership...it's actually much cheaper than something like match.com or eharmony.

If i had money, I'd look at it as an investment. I mean, one day we might have these things on iPhone v. 12.2...where it'll beep when your "soul mate" is walking next to you on Market Street.

That..would actually be pretty dope. I can see it now...
[ext San Francisco 2018]
Girl's iPhone v12.2 starts beeping like crazy.
Guy's iPhone v12.0 (aw sorry..he's behind on his hybrid car payments) starts beeping like crazy.


Girl: "Wow, 85% compatible!"
Guy: "Yeah, that's only 1% less than my ex girlfriend."
Girl: "Um. Yeah I can see your recent dating history right here..you're um..seem to be statistically 'compatible' with big breasted blondes?"
Guy: "Oh, yeah, I kind of gamed the system."
Girl: "Goodbye."

Okay, I don't know why I just went off on that. Oh well, I need to sleep.

Night ya'll!

No comments: