Saturday, July 26, 2008

my aunt just friended me on facebook.

i dont know how i feel about it.
I mean I'm glad she's on Facebook...and my "friend" now =)

I think what's bugging me is that as a teenager, I felt like the Internet was MY domain (pun intended). Meaning that my mom and dad had no idea what the internet was, just that I spent all my time on it.

I went there to escape, and because of that became really good at computers, especially graphics and animation.

Now that I have family members infiltrating it, I think it's no longer this place of escapism.

I guess on a grander scale, it was never "mine" to begin with. It's not that I don't want to keep in touch with my family, I absolutely do, and without the Internet I wouldn't be able to be in touch with everyone.

It's just that the Internet obviously was much different in '96 when it was the World Wide Web and AOL keywords actually mattered. Like the WHOLE internet was like having your own MySpace group your parents know nothing about.

I wonder what's next? I wonder where teens are escaping into these days.

No comments: