Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pride Day #2

Oh man my feet hurt, walking around in my boots is not as comfortable after about a mile.

I got to don my goth outfit again + the red & black fairy wings I bought yesterday. fishnets, how I missed thee.

So today was the parade day of the pride festivities, which means a ton more people at the civic center too. More alleys and booths and what not too.

Because i gathered most of the schwag yesterday, today i only obtained a Virgin Airlines "SFOXOXOXO" shirt, which I thought was adorable.

All of these cute tshirts are going to come in handy since i just bought this tshirt cutting book.


Two highlights of the day:

LEATHER ALLEY
Ah, the infamous Leather Alley. The biggest part of the alley is the tarped-off area.
Last year, I didn't go into the mysterious tarped-off area, though I'm not exactly sure why. I did see someone just masturbating in the middle of the street in the open so maybe I thought it wasn't that important to go inside of the tent and see more.

This year, Tobi & I definitely checked it out. I'm glad they didn't allow cameras or else I would have taken way too many pictures of everything. I was quite impressed with how professional and classroom-like the atmosphere was, not just a gawkfest.

Ended up dancing right above Leather Alley to some really good(well I liked it) industrial music.

API STAGE
Asian-Pacific-Islander stage. I really think this is because they don't know where to lump Filipinos so they say "Asian/Pacific Islander"

Anyway, some of my friends were performing in the drag show, and I must say it was one of the most entertaining things I have ever had to stand in the cold to witness. I was laughing, cheering, and riled up!

Margaret Cho was there for a bit, and she is FINE now. She musta lost a lot of weight. She is fierce, and apparently gay men love her.

So compared to yesterday, today was very uneventful. It was still really fun and I ended up spending like 5 hours of my life there, so it was fun!

No comments: