Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wondercon: Day 3, "Once More with Feeling"

Buffy The Musical

Ah, all good things have to come to an end. Seriously, this was one of the best weekends I've had in a long long time.

As I had anticipated, today was a more laid back day. Like most people come on Saturday...so it was hella crowded yesterday, and today was kinda that day where you're like "Sure, I'll go pick up that comic book I was debating on getting all weekend."

I brought my comic book that I had at home so that David Mack could sign it. I ended up seeing a piece of his in one of his reflections books & asked him if he had it (If i had that one, I'd have the whole set of Echo Prints ..to my knowledge). And he had ONE left. Awesome.

With the laid-backness I was able to actually go to a panel. Which is awesome 'cause I really wanted to see Chuck! The castmembers were so funny & you could tell they really liked working together.

The day seemed to go by quickly, as I tried to help my friend find a copy of "The Watchmen" graphic novel (kinda impossible unless you wanted a nice rare copy)...

I also got to see the last few minutes of a panel about Harper's Island, which sounds fun. It's a show that lasts 13 episodes, and you know that everyone's going to die. The actors didn't even know when they were filming how long they're going to last. Either way, I got to see Christopher Gorham, who played Jake in Jake 2.0 & Henry in Ugly Betty. Hawt dork.

The night ended with a musical. Buffy the Musical, to be exact. It was awesome, I was in this room with a mix of Buffy Enthusiasts and people who had never seen the episode before. To be fair, I only saw it for the first time last week (in preparation for tonight...yeah, seriously, i prepared for wondercon).

The episode's named "Once More, With Feeling". It's pretty entertaining, I suggest you check it out if you have the means.

Either way, the con ended at 5 =( I actually didn't want it to end! I have to admit, I am pretty flabbergasted by how much fun I actually had. And get this: I didn't drink all weekend.

Seriously. It's like, I can replace alcohol with geekdom. Oh and geek boys. Lots and lots of cute geek boys. Yay.

You know, i should just name this blog "Wondercon and the stuff I do in between Wondercons"

No comments: