Sunday, March 8, 2009

I actually cooked tonight



I call it the "whatever i had in my fridge" meal.

Ingredients:

"Starch": Quinoa (i just killed my first box, I'm officially a fan of the stuff)
Cook like rice on the stove.

Main Dish:
1. Fresh cut asparagus
2. Frozen beans & carrots
3. Trader Joe's frozen mandarin chicken, minus the sauce.
4. Olive oil
5. Fresh cut garlic
6. Aloha Shoyu
Fry all together in the olive oil, starting with some garlic, then the frozen chicken. When that thaws out a bit put the frozen veggies in. When that starts getting soft toss the asparagus and the rest of the garlic (and more olive oil) in.
Fry until it looks good enough to eat. (you can see i'm a cook)


condiments:
that red spice japanese stuff. hell if i know what it's called.
edit: bernadette so kindly let me know it's called "Shichimi"
nori + sesame seeds
Aloha Shoyu.

It will also be lunch tomorrow.

Oh and I forgot the key component:
2 glasses of my roommate's wine. Not in the meal, just during cooking and consumption. That's the real reason why i'm blogging now.

No comments: