Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wondercon: Day 1.

So! Update. I found someone who is just as gung ho about this as me and I convinced her to buy a 3 day pass (score)

Day 1 was kinda a half day, but let me number things that happened:
1. Wore a cape, dress, chains, & fishnets today. yep. all together.
2. Got hit on by a clown. Seriously. A guy dressed as a homicidal clown hit on me. I couldn't tell if he was cute but I didn't pick up on the fact that he was hitting me because i was FREAKED OUT. By the fact that he was dressed as a clown. All in all a good guy, but I digress. Didn't notice that you asked me to be your city tour guide BECAUSE YOU HAD A RED FOAM NOSE ON. Clowns scare me. His name was 'buddy', which sounds like a horror film. "Buddy the Clown"
3. Went to a cover artist's workshop on making my digital paintings more painterly. Was definitely inspired to go home and draw.
4. Didn't go home & draw 'cause I checked out the amazing Star Wars Fan Film Last Film Standing or whatever. It was pretty cool 'cause we got to narrow down our favorite one. I have to say there was some awesome shit in there but this one is the one that won & it got my vote (via yelling and screaming)


5. They gave us goodies just for showing up! And get this, I got an original promotional glossy (actually 2) of Lando! I FUCKING LOVE LANDO. Prolly my fave human in the series (except for Han, well he's just so cool).
Just in case you're not as geeky as me (prolly not), here's THE man himself:
(not the actual glossy i got but hey)


Awesome. Plus I also scored some Bounty Hunter stickers, a comic, & a Indiana Jones glossy too. Fuckin A awesome.

I was perusing through my guide and just realized that Ray Park is going to be there tomorrow. I'm genuinely going to freak out 10x.

No comments: