Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Snapshot Isolation

I can't sleep. One of those stupid Facebook Memes was on a friend's page.

I decided to do it:
1 - Go to "wikipedia." Hit “random”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to "Random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use Photoshop (or similar) to put it all together.

5 - Post it to Facebook as a note and tag the friends you want to join in.



So I did it, and to my surprise, my band's name randomly from Wikipedia is "Snapshot Isolation".

I REALLY like this name. Like REALLY like it. Dibs. It's like so geeky (I had never heard of the term, but reading about it on wikipedia) but it sounds alterna.

I really think my next band is gonna be named that.

This was my quote: "Each Painting has its own way of evolving...When the painting is finished, the subject reveals itself"

So far, holy shit, the title is "The Subject Reveals Itself"...not a bad debut album.

This was the third picture. Okay, so it can't all be perfect.

However, this was the FIRST picture on the page, and I think that's more fitting.

So there you have it. My next band's name is "Snapshot Isolation" & I'm srsly going to write a song named "The Subject Reveals Itself" very soon.


I'll just draw our album cover.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so serendipitous :-)