Friday, March 16, 2007

On new years eve, I look back at what 2006 gave me.

Ah 2006, how I love thee. You were pretty good to me, I can't complain.

The new year started with me almost getting hit in the head with an aerial, what a way to start the new year eh?

Here are the highlights:

January saw me exploring fun new options for the new year

Febuary-April, Jacqui & I got to work on a Television show.

April: Ordered my new laptop.

May-June: Spent 3 awesome weeks in San Francisco.
- Explored!
- Decided to move to SF later that year
- Got into grad school

June: Went to Molokai, fought off huge ants, made money, & ate awesome bread.
July: Party at rob & adj! and yes, there was a tape outline of me on the floor. seriously
Overall, the Summer of 2006 was the summer of totally KICKASS concerts!!!! I can't even remember all of them...Band Camp: Saw Hoobastank for an intimate free show prior, got their autographs, saw Rock Kills Kid, & The Fray. Hot Hot Heat was there too but hey...can't be perfect.
Erykah Badu, Hawthorne Heights..........Bayfest: Staind and then some country band the next night.

Sept: Ooh, missed my first personal deadline of when I wanted to move to SF due to many issues. But, I started my first MBA class online.

Oct: what took over my month?? POETRY baby. JUSTAPOSITION baby!!!! I don't' even remember much else from that month, just lotsa writing and practicing, and ...thanks to everyone who came to that it was so awesome of you guys i luv ya. First time I sang with acoustic guitar in public.
Halloween!!!! More poetry !!! Yay drinking & poetry in costumes!

Nov: The madness of moving begins. Resumes sent out in droves.
Late November: I got to feature in Re:Verses. Wrote new poem for show. awesome!
Fun party at Rob & Adj's!
Mostly stressing about leaving and TRYING (but failing miserably) to see all of my friends.

December was split into:
1st week: Hella stressful, but nice going away party. Thanks to everyone and I am working on the green screen!
2nd week: Arrive in SF. 2 Interviews.
3rd Week: 8 interviews (mostly follow-up interviews)...scored 2 jobs!
4th week: Turned 24. In it now. Lotsa eating out, cleanin up, playing BULLY..(my birthday gift to myself)

I feel like I've been in san fran for more than 3 weeks, I can't believe it's only been about 3 weeks, that's crazy...

Hawaii Kids: I miss you guys like crazy. Please blow up some random things for me because it's illegal out here.

Bay Area Kids: Thanks for hanging out with me so far. There's still more drunkeness to be had!



Thanks 2006, you were awesome. I can only hope that 2007 will be even better.

No comments: