Wednesday, October 1, 2008

search google back in '01



I can't sleep. So i've revived my comic (working on it, had to go to my hotmail account *shudder*)

But i found this beauty of a thing:
Search Google's Oldest Index

It's pretty cool. I searched my name and found some musical that i forgot i was in.

I also did a couple shitload of searches that would have meant nothing back then:
Myspace
-making home improvements easier.
Facebook
wiki

flickr -internet freedom rally.
iPhone

youtube
-i don't care how big you are now, that's gotta hurt on some level.
emo -there's an emo, ontario??
yelp -faq, how do i register my pet?
"social networking"
"miley cyrus"...yeah i really did that one...what was she, like...7 at the time?


On a more serious note, this index was done in January 2001, so I was curious about the following:
"September 11"


Interesting, huh? It's like a mini little geek time capsule.

No comments: