Thursday, October 2, 2008

6:42 am = internal struggle.

So I ran last night (still a beginner). This caused me to fall into one of the deepest sleeps I've had in a long time.

I usually wake up at 7:15am to get to work, and I naturally woke up, groggily looked at my phone, and realized it was 6:42am.

I closed my eyes and this internal dialogue happened within the confines of my mind:

me1: F*CK it's 6:42!
me2: Is it really 6:42...are we dreaming again?
me3: Like that time that we overslept 'cause we totally dreamt we got ready and got on the bus?
me2: yeah I hate that. That's happened way too many times.
me1: SHUT THE F*CK UP, WE CAN STILL GO BACK TO SLEEP!
me2: Wait, I wanna make sure it's not 6:42 PM and we missed a whole day of work??
me3: OMIGOD did we do that did we do that double check double check!!!

[body opens eyes, checks cell phone time, affirms it with a look outside the window, and closes eyes]


me2: Yes. It's 6:42 am. We're good.

me1: WE STILL HAVE A HALF AN HOUR TO SLEEP GO BACK TO BED WE NEED THIS.
me3: ....well I think that our mind woke us up for a reason...
me2: Yeah! ...you wanna...go...running??! We've always wanted to try a morning r-
me1: NO! SHUT THE F*CK UP. WE ARE NOT F*CKING RUNNING.
me2: I'm just saying that maybe we should star-
me1: NOOOOOOOOOO.
GO.
TO.
SLEEP.

me2: ...
me3: ...
me1: !

me3: *I* thought it was a good idea...
me2: thanks..

me1: SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!



Then I slipped back into sleep and woke back up at 7:35.

No comments: