Saturday, April 12, 2008

Concert: Honda Civic Tour


Are Emo Bands the new Boy Band? I think so.





I got to go to my first real-i-paid-for-it concert @ the Warfield tonight. The Hush Sound, Phantom Planet, Motion City Soundtrack, & Panic At the Disco.

First of all, I confused where the Warfield was in comparison to the Orpheum, so I actually caught a Bart from Powell to Civic Center..meaning I actually had to walk back about 3 blocks instead of walking forward 1 block 'cuz my dumbass didn't think to check that before leaving the office.

Also, i've been here once, and that was to see Devo for Macworld. got into that for free using my charms...or something.

Anyway, i've been craving to see Panic At The Disco & Motion City Soundtrack for some time, so when I saw this show advertised, I jumped on the chance.

Very efficient show, Honda's definitely a good organizer. no late bands. everything was tight, there were even music videos in between (sprinkled with ads and stupid text displays of "scream if your ____"..and they spelled "you're" that way too..).

I would have loved the concert if it weren't for the fact that i was SURROUNDED by 12 year old screaming girls. You think i'm being overdramatic..but seriously..SURROUNDED. I wanted to cry/punch someone at the same time. I felt old.

I remember going to rock shows when I was 14 but I wasn't retarded, okay?

Anyway, great show, no regrets, just not my normal concert-going experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean about all-ages shows. Sigh... to be young and think you are at the peak of wisdom...

keane
keane.festizio.net